Monday, October 28, 2013

Kiki's Delivery Service is getting a live action film O_o

So I'm at work being bored as hell and I check out some news online.  Kiki's Delivery Service is getting a live action film it seems.  This sort of scares me because live action films usually just suck if they're coming from an anime and especially a Studio Ghibli film.  Kiki's Delivery service by Miyazaki was actually based of a series of children's literature written by Eiko Kadono.  There are supposed to be 7 volumes of these novels and the animated film by Miyazaki is based on the first book.  The live action film is based off the first two books and will probably deviate from the Miyazaki film a lot.  Though I'm pretty sure they creators want the film to be compared to the books, everyone is going to compare it to the Miyazaki version all the way lol.
It seems filming wrapped up in July 2013 and the film will be released march 2014.
Funny thing, when I first read up about this on ANN I was for some reason expecting Jiji the cat to be CG... like for no reason too.  I just expected it to be CG and I had no reason whatsoever to be thinking that, so imagine my supprise when I saw the movie poster of Kiki and Jiji who... is a real cat... No duh its a real cat!  Of course they would use a real cat why the hell did I think they would use a CG one!?

Here is a trailer I randomly pulled from youtube, It shows you NOTHING about the film whatsoever! how lame... but I'm also typing this blog shit at like 2 am in the morning so I don't have any more energy to be showing you more pictures and whatnot about the film and what Jiji looks like and so on so google it yourself untill I post an update or edit this later :V

Goodnight and thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment