Monday, November 25, 2013

Samurai Flamenco is Kick Ass! (sorta)

Samurai Flamenco


This show is literally Kick Ass!... like the film Kick Ass, but that isn't to say this is pretty kick ass in its own way too.  The story takes off with a nice touch of naivety, and a really weird way of initiating your own courage for something your passionate about, the main character Hazama Masayoshi becomes Samurai Flamenco!  He dons a suit and takes off fighting crime little by little doing what he believes is right.  Naturally he doesn't have any super powers and is physically a normal person, but even then he slowly overcomes all limits and even powers up here and there becoming more like an actual hero.  A police officer whose name I can't remember but I know is voiced by Tomokazu Sugita (Gintoki from Gintama) finds out Samumenco's identity and becomes a close friend and support for our hero wanabe since fighting crime in a suit like your some crazy person is probably very very discouraging and very ill advised.

Eventually more super hero like people join the cast and the city becomes more and more a safe place.  It would appear that the effort Samumenco and his friends put in is slowly making a change happen for the better in the city.  I recently saw the latest episode ( which is episode 7 at the time of this post ) and it was very traumatic O_o.  Something very impossible happens and I literally jumped from my seat shouting "WAT!?" with a shocked face (probably a shocked face).  I don't want to spoil it for anyone so just letting you know that episode 7 is the "trauma" ep should suffice for now.  However for any of you who have seen it and know what I'm talking about, I personally hope that the show doesn't decide to stay in that knee deep lake of "sudden plot twist" because the plot twist in question was too much WAT and not OH MY GOD or anything like that.  Go back to the Samumenco I know!!!  I will be following this show very closely and post more thoughts on this at another time.

Also to my imaginary audience who is not reading this blog (because I never really told anyone about this blog so absolutely NO ONE is reading this) sorry for not posting for over a week, I straight up forgot to make a post because I was too busy playing smite.  I will make a stronger attempt to post at least within three days for better consistency go me!


**will post fan art on my update about the story in the future






No comments:

Post a Comment